Monday, June 9, 2008

Cloud 9

Above the planet on a wing and a prayer,
A grubby halo, A vapour trail in the empty air.
Across the clouds I see my shadow fly,
Out of the corner of my watering eye.
A Dream unthreatened by the morning light,
Could Blow this soul right through the roof of the night!

There's no sensation to compare with this!
Suspended Animation, A state of Bliss.
Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,
Tongue tied and twisted, Just an earth bound misfit.

Those who have flown in a plane, know what it feels like to look out of the window and see the beautiful and incomparable cloudscape. As if you are completely on a different land, a different world or maybe a different planet all together, where the land is made of soft and fluffy cream and milk. The sun is brighter than anything that can be seen on the earth, giving an unparalleled brightness to the cloud scape. I assure you, that amount of brightness can only bring out the happiest feelings from you. You will forget that you live in a world that has sadness as a part of it too.

Somehow, all this came into my mind when my brother mailed me a photograph via email. It reminded me of Cloudophobia - A arcade game for the PC, that had the most beautiful cloudscape formations in any game that I've seen in my life.



Now you know why I wrote the lyrics of "Learning to Fly" by Pink Floyd (If you noticed it by chance :) ) These images remind me of why man wanted to Fly since times immortal. Man knew that if he flew, he could see a new world altogether from a new point of view; a point of view so beautiful that shall leave your mind Comfortably Numb, and ironically Fresh too. :)

And these train of thoughts also help me to deduce the possible origin of the Phrase -> "on Cloud 9" :D

No comments: