Thursday, December 10, 2009

Poetic Ability?

I've been a regular visitor of ☆Ths[Schrei]☆ 's blog for sometime now...
(Well, that's how she writes her name... so don't think I didn't know the spelling and copied it... :P )

And considering my age and the fact that I was a English Honor Student in my School (Scoring 95/100 in 10th ... Ya... I like boasting :P ) I have no ability to express myself in any form of poetry. Reading ☆Ths[Schrei]☆ 's blog, someone like me has a high probability of jumping off the 10th floor of my building. But let's not be losers, and learn from others (as the wise guys say...) I totally lacked talent for poetry. However, in recent times when I got more and more involved in music, I started feeling that my music (the ones I made) lacked more emotion. Emotion is what makes music Powerful. Then I noticed songs which weren't very powerful instrumentally, but had profound effect due to it's lyrics or wordings. One example is Eminems's "When I'm Gone". The lyrics of this song is so freaking powerful that it makes the song emotionally moving when you listen to it.

Then I felt that for a music newbie like me, lyrics could be a easy way out to express myself and add more "Feeling" to my music.

However, 3 years have passed, and I think I'm still no good at poetry. Thus here was my latest attempt to pen down some "Song" that came to my mind. Laugh at me all you want, but I still don't know what I've written about. -__- Maybe my will to live in a dream and escape reality, but that's all I could understand when I finished it. For now, this song/poem/lyric has no title.


When the world wakes up,
I sleep a little longer.
To Dream unfazed about a world,
And my feelings become stronger.

What I couldn't feel in this reality,
I can feel in the Dream.
What I do feel in this World,
I never would want to face in my sweet Dreams.

Love and Hate,
Are mere words
What goes on within
Is a war of the worlds.

Anger and Fear,
Is what reality shows.
Longing and trust,
Is what my dreams hold.

Past and Future,
Uncertain and Cold.
Sorrow and Tears,
Grows and flows Uncontrolled.


And yes, it took me more than a week to make it rhyme decently. Of Course, it took me longer to realize that poems need not rhyme, but follow a song like pattern that people can hum...

2 comments:

tharangni said...

very nice.. well actually... i'd written my name in cryptic style (got it generated from glitter-graphics).. and hey...
really... to write some poem(i myself go addicted to poems from 9th only)... it doesn't really have to rhyme. just write down what you think in a poetic way... that's how i write mine.. i just care about rhymes... !!! and soon.. you'll never know how great your poems r!!^_^

bloodhound94 said...

Good work, Shakespeare :P
(I'm not being sarcastic)